Splunk Achieves Record Quarterly Growth in Third Quarter 2010
~ Company Grows 96 Percent Year-Over-Year, Adds 255 Licensed Customers Worldwide ~
MELBOURNE, Aust. -- Oct. 19, 2010 -- Splunk today announced quarterly results for the period ending Sept. 30, 2010. For the third quarter of 2010, Splunk experienced year-over-year growth of 96 percent and added 255 new customers, including over 50 in the Asia Pacific Region. This brings the company's total count to more than 2,000 customers located in 74 countries. Splunk also reported significant expansions by existing customers, including Corporate Express Australia, Credit Suisse, LinkedIn, Swisscom, Shutterfly, Heroku and the US Departments of Labor and Energy.
"Splunk's consistent growth across Asia is built on customer success," said Robert Lau, Vice President, Asia Pacific and Japan, Splunk. "As they gain new visibility into their real-time and historical machine-generated IT data our customers are finding answers and solving the most challenging issues facing IT and the business." Lau added, "From virtualisation to cloud computing and cyber security Splunk provides customers the operational visibility they need to make better decisions."
In the Asia-Pacific region, Splunk added over 50 new customers including Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in Thailand, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Dokkyo University and RIKEN in Japan, CNLink in China, Taifook Securities in Hong Kong, Aviva Asia in Singapore, and Austereo and Queensland University of Technology in Australia.
In the Americas, Splunk added ABC TV, Cie Games, Rosetta Stone, New York University (NYU) and Service-now.com. In EMEA, Splunk added, Total Oil Trading, Hypercom, IBM, Toshiba and Travel Lodge. In the federal market, Splunk added 39 new customers, including the U.S. Navy, U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force.
In the third quarter 2010, Splunk also announced continued growth of its cloud computing customer base. Some of today's most innovative cloud providers are using Splunk to manage their complex cloud environments, including Heroku, GoodData, SendGrid, Netsmart Technologies and Genius.com. Cloud providers are using Splunk to monitor a distributed deployment across thousands of servers in multiple data centers; manage the infrastructure of a cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS); monitor performance of cloud-delivered SaaS solutions and monitor hybrid SaaS/hosted models.
Key Q3 Accomplishments:
* Hosted its first annual worldwide users' conference, which included prominent customer presentations by Salesforce.com, Cisco, VMware, Autodesk and Sandia Labs, among others -- over 300 customers and partners, representing 16 countries, attended
* Partnered with Sendmail to launch a real-time, messaging application -- Sendmail developed a Splunk-based app and has incorporated it into its Sentrion Message Processor Appliance
* Added new Asia-Pacific channel partners including Networld Corporation, TAP System and Vertex Software in Japan, Macroview in Hong Kong, Datacraft Korea and USEC in Korea, Noveix in Australia, and TEIQ in New Zealand
* Launched Splunk for IBTRM v3 -- addressing the Internet Banking and Technology Risk Management (IBTRM) guidelines from the Monetary Authority of Singapore
* Sponsored key Asia-Pacific conferences including
- Governmentware Singapore, presenting on pattern-based security and addressing the theme of Strategic Security
- The F5 ASEAN User Conference in Singapore, demonstrating the real-time capability of Splunk and launching the Splunk for F5 app
- The Australian System Administrator's Conference held by SAGE-AU
* Announced it is "in evaluation" for U.S. Federal Common Criteria Certification
* Surpassed 1,200 users and 3,000 answered questions on the Splunk Answers online forum established for the Splunk Community in Q2 2010
* Expanded the SplunkLive! customer event program into new geographies -- Bangkok, Thailand and Paris, France
* Named winner -- Splunk customer Pegasus Solutions selected as one of the CIO 100 by CIO Magazine
* Named finalist -- "IT Forensics Solution of the Year", UK Computing Security Awards by Network Computing and Computing Security
Splunk is the world's leading software used to monitor, report and analyse live streaming IT data as well as terabytes of historical data -- located on-premise or in the cloud. Almost half of the Fortune 100 and more than 2,000 enterprises, service providers and government organisations in 74 countries use Splunk to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new levels of operational visibility.
For a new approach to IT, visit http://www.splunk.com, or visit http://www.splunk.com/download to download a free copy.